Re: best place to buy an apple...

At 06:17 PM 5/20/2003 +0200, Stuart Wyatt wrote:
>If I were in your boots, I would buy second hand. I've purchased the last
>two Macs used (G4 and ibook), and I've had no problems with them. With
>the
>money you save from buying new, you can completely max out the ram/HD and
>have enough money left over to purchase a good audio card and a suite of
>software.

In addition, check out Small Dog Electronics
(http://www.smalldog.com).  Not only do they have excellent prices on new
Macs, they also sell factory refurbished models at a nice discount.  Like
Stuart said, you can take the money you save and pump it into RAM and
storage.

I got my TiBook as a refurb from these guys and saved a bundle (never a
problem with it thusfar, either).  I've also got several friends with
similar experiences on refurbished Macs.

And, if you're more inclined toward new, we just got one of the new 1Ghz
iMacs for my wife at a good price too.

Nice guys, good prices, good service...

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil