Re: New Album Preview Part 2

Hi Louie,

Louie Angulo wrote:

> can you really do this live???

The whole track, no - this is one of three "produced" tracks on the
album, where I took a live EDP solo and then treated it like a rhythm
section foundation track.  So all of the other melodies and sounds on
"Interference" were written and recorded after the fact.  But the
original EDP track (the gurgling sputtering metallic dancehall thing,
which is panned dead center in the mix) is about 95% live on this tune -
just a small bit of editing after the fact, to give it a bit of
structure.

Once the album's out, I'll probably post files of the original, unedited
live EDP solos that were the basis for the produced tracks, so you can
hear the difference.

And not to worry, Geoff Smith, I'm only releasing the two tracks I've
already posted, as teasers for the full album.  The CD will be about 73
minutes long, so even after the two tracks I've made available for
download, there's still an hour's worth of music that's only available
(or soon to be available) on the CD.  But thanks for your concern for my
financial well-being!  ;)

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages:
http://www.altruistmusic.com/EDP