why pot before looping?

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 11:50  AM, Paulzric@aol.com wrote:

> pot pot pot, why is pot so incredibly popular? Why is it illegal?
> Why do so many musicians get high? Why can't I find PLAYERS
> WHO DON'T GET HIGH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE???

I once smoked a bit before I practiced at home in my studio to see what
the "buzz" was about.  I did get it.  It did allow a quicker transition
from the more concrete thought of everyday life, to the more fluid and
abstract thought needed for good music making.  I never did it again
though, as if I can relax and ease into it, I can get there without it
more cheaply and without the chest pain.  I also don't like the
"stupid" feeling it gives me, and I've noticed that the 2nd day after
smoking marijuana I'm very irritable.  I rarely do though, so it stands
out to me.

psychedelics on the other hand...

Mark Sottilaro