Re: LINE 6 VARIAX

  Whether the statement is accurate is anyone's guess;

  Actually no, it's not anyone's guess.  -Considering that it has  a bit of
trouble staying in tune, and most of the hardware on it is relatively low
quality, -to me at least, that impacts the general quality of the
instrument, which, incidentally, IS, a strat copy,   according to the
line-6 rep.  -or at least the model that he'd demoed with some of the
employees at the store where I teach, was.  This is why I'm concerned.
-With issues like that, the modeling just doesn't justify spending that
kind of money to me.   -That's all...   -just my opinion, and perhaps they
will, or have already upgraded the guitar.   -It's certainly possible.
I'll still try one for myself...

Smiles,

Cara

At 03:47 PM 5/21/03 -0400, you wrote:
><< what I  know from co-workers who've tried it, is basically a really
>cheap
>strat >>
>
>But....
>
>Whether the statement is accurate is anyone's guess; i.e. that there's a
>50%
>cost in the guitar end and a 50% cost in the software/hardware/development
>end (per the article on the Variax in Guitar Player).
>
>However, there are some nice axes available now in the approx. $500 price
>range. I bought a PRS Santana for $499 which is really well-made for the
>price point. I also bought a close out of a Jackson DK-2S with the
>Sustainer
>for $399. Again, pretty nicely made and decked out for 4 big ones.
>'Course,
>if it's a $149 item, that's another story.
>
>Regarsd, Paul

---