Re: why pot before looping? *not irrelevant to looping*

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weg" <theweg@netzero.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 16:41:PM
Subject: Re: why pot before looping? *not irrelevant to looping*

> How do we feel about caffine?  I believe it a drug!  I know people who
loop it through their bodies over and over and then complain that they
don't
sleep well....

> from the weg files.....

Hah, Frank Zappa would disagree, home boy!  In the "Does Humor Belong in
Music?" video, he clearly states (prophetically!), holding up a cigarette
and coffee cup, that "these are FOOD."

My own mother, having drunk as many as 8 cups of black java a day while
raising me and my less-troublesome siblings, has suffered from
arhythmia/rapid heart-rate since her late 40s.  Hopefully I haven't
inherited it, but thankfully me first case o' kidney stones in '87 taught
me
to drink more water and keep myself to two cups in the morning - and only
the occasional cappuccino in the afternoon/evening. And I quit caffeinated
soft drinks - and cigarettes! - over ten years ago.  If you want to know
how
I killed that last nasty habit, ask off-list.

Drug?  Yes.  But then we're getting to be more scientific in
classifications
in this regard.  Hopefully in the future we'll be arguing about whether or
not something is a "mood/mind/physiology altering substance" I suppose. :)

Steve Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Other - Quasi-daily Cartoon