[looper's] Re: Digitech pds / looping practice

I finally got around to messing with the internal pots on my beloved
Digitech pds-1002, with great results (thanks Tim).  There are four pots
to mess with inside there, and it took a little while before realizing
that just maxing everything out made the delay disappear entirely.  I
finally managed to goose an additional second of delay out of it -
yeah!  I also tweaked it so that when the regeneration knob (on the
outside) is set above 8, it'll self-oscillate madly. The fidelity
suffers, but I'm a big fan of that anyway.

I ended up playing with the pedal for a couple of hours outside of my
regular looping rig, and realized how great it was to really learn to
maximize the capabilities on its own.  It seems like people do this with
the EDP a lot, and it's a great example to really push the boundaries of
everything in your setup (instrument included).  It feels like practice,
finding out what the equipment can do so that in an improvising
situation, one knows what to do to get a certain effect.

Daryl Shawn
highhorse@mhorse.com