Re: OT cheap git-tars (was: LINE 6 VARIAX)

I find that the biggest problem with entry-level
guitars isn't so much that they don't sound good (at
least initially), but that they're not very durable.
Out of the box, once given a proper setup, they
generally sound and play OK, but soon the shoddy
tuners are a-pingin' and a-slippin', the screw holes
around the bridge mounts start enlarging, the solder
connections start failing, the cheap switches start
breaking, the pots start crackling, etc. Since a lot
of the beginners' instruments are using pretty decent
pickups, they sound not-too-bad; they just don't seem
to improve with age the way a higher quality
instrument can.

Oh, I'm sorry. We've digressed on a guitar-related
tangent; we're supposed to be arguing about
marijuana...  8^P

-t-