brain stem

For those who care to know, here's link to brain structure info:
I was glad to find that I was right about breathing! Here's a snip from the site:
Brain Stem Functions:
  • Breathing
  • Heart Rate
  • Swallowing
  • Reflexes to seeing and hearing (Startle Response).
  • Controls sweating, blood pressure, digestion, temperature (Autonomic Nervous System).
  • Affects level of alertness.
  • Ability to sleep.
  • Sense of balance (Vestibular Function).
My sense of it is that any discipline that develops control of these functions brings consciousness to your brain stem. Focus on your breathing.
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
coyotelk@optonline.net