Re: orchestral music and looping

On Saturday, May 24, 2003, at 06:46 pm, David wrote:

Without going down the Cage/Stockhausen trail (please!), are their other CURRENT examples of ensembles or orchestral music that anyone is aware of that uses live looping in the performance setting?

There's me... (maybe).
My music is very structured and orchestral-based, but it sometimes goes a little mad. I utilise rhythm, melodies and structure quite strongly - and due to years of classical brainwashing I could be classed as orchestral. Plus the 6/7 string electric violins give the illusion of a full string orchestra when looped.

Its all live looped recordings (no backing tracks). I have a few mp3's on my site, and I can give you the password to access the other recordings if interested if you mail me offlist.

- Stu
http://solostring.com