Re: Serious discussion about pot & looping/music

Richard Zvonar wrote:
I also believe that
> getting stoned can foster an inflated sense of significance, so that
> one's creations seem at the time to be more brilliant than they do in
> retrospect.

I don't do weed, but this has definitely been my experience with
psychedelics. As a horror story, I once found myself  -- while under the
influence -- beleiving that David Tibet (Current 93) could actually
sing! Scared the piss outta me ;-) Heh.

Actually, I've recorded a few loop things under the influence and found
the ratio of good-to-bad to be no more than usual. I certainly enjoy
*playing* on psychedelics, and I find the esoteric benefits (shamanic
states etc.) to be immense, but the musical benefits for an external
listener to be only so-so.

I've played with people who like to be mildly stoned before performing
and it works well for them. I've found that my playing when I have a
light fever is enhanced. I think it has to do with a level of
relaxation, or more precisely, with a lessening of tension.

D.G.
Doctor of Guitarology