Re: Serious discussion about pot & looping/music

Richard Zvonar wrote:
> One of the "cosmic insights" I had during psychedelic experiences is
> that consciousness is not the exclusive province of the forebrain. I
> think a lot of physical activity is controlled and coordinated further
> out in the body (this might give new levels of meaning to the expression
> "far out"). Physical coordination, as in sports and music, may be due in
> part to one's ability (whether inborn or learned) to distribute one's
> consciousness throughout the body.

The mind is not the brain. Consciousness does not even require "life" as
we usually think of it. It just so happens that the brain tends to
"secrete" a large amount of consciousness, so large that we tend to
ignore the other consciousnesses that we have access to.

There is the rational mind.
There is the emotional mind.
There is the body mind.
etc.

Looping is an excellent way of reaching these other minds.

D.G.