Re: Repeater

I presently work with a musician that uses Live and and  we continue to be amazed with the stenght of the Repeater / Live pairing.

It work´s wonderfully for for us.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: Repeater

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 12:38 pm, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

I've had a thing with the repeater where, despite getting a good midi clock at 80-100 bpm, say, it will record a loop and then act like the original tempo was 160-200. this results in the loop being half as big as it should be, and time-stretched to fit the actual tempo. is there a quick way to disable the software "helpers" that determine the loop point? I'm guessing they are the culprit....

I had this problem also, which was one of the reasons why I ditched the Repeater... I was playing with a computer musician who used Live! as the midi source, and at random intervals, my loops doubled in speed. It was frustrating, and destroyed a lot of the music that we strived to create

I tried to investigate further to find the cause of this, but I could not replicate this bug at will.

I think it is just one of those strange Repeater bugs :(