Re: Stereo looping device for $400? (Echo Pro experimentations)

>Hi all,
>
>I've been experimenting today trying to rig up two echo pro's as a
>stereo looper, and the first results are quite impressive.
>
>For the experiment, I rigged up two Echo Pro's, all running off the
>same midi channel, and connected the FCB1010 to the first, and ran a
>midi cable from that to the second with Midi Thru selected. I
>recorded a few stereo loops (using ping-pong delay on the DL4), and
>then let them run for a few minutes to listen for synchronisation
>problems.
>
>The results? After 8 minutes of listening to a percussive loop of
>4x4/4 there is a very slight inconsistency in the synchronisation
>which gives the sound a quite interesting phased/reverb feel. This
>also gives the loop a very live and natural ambience. Very short one
>beat loops lose their synchronisation  very quickly though.

interesting. they are not synced, but the crystals are acurate enough
to hold them together for a while.

Depends on the each unit and temperature, though!
Use units (or crystals!) from the same batch and mount them together,
so they have the same temperature.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org