Re: Dig if u will my research paper Chapter2

Title: Re: Dig if u will my research paper Chapter2
At 2:16 PM -0400 5/27/03, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

you mean he performed solo, or the piece was called solo? ;-)

The piece titled "Solo" was for solo melody instrument and tape delay system.

He had a big disc with sound waves drawn on it in the same
way that movies use an optical soundtrack.
This allowed him to speed up a loop so much it eventually became
a tone ( not easy to do well even with digital editing).
A much greater range of pitch than possible with tape loops.

Where did you get that information?

According to Stockhausen, in Texte IV, p. 365:

"...there were loops running everywhere, and you could see it through the glass windows between the studios. Finally I used the fast-forward on the tape recorder to accelerate the tapes so they were already four or five octaves up, then the result went up another four octaves - so then I was up eight octaves - until finally I got into an area where the rhythms were heard as pitches and timbres."

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com