Re: LIVE LOOPING: a definition

--- "Rick Walker/Loop.pooL" <GLOBAL@cruzio.com> wrote:
> It's all really o.k.    WHAT IS, IS.
> I want to have fun.   I want to have a community.
> I want to loop.

Let's vote.

Based on the discussion of the past few days, and
having appointed ourselves the final authority on all
things musical, semantic and/or loopy (;-)), let us
choose from amongst the following:

A) Trumpet players may only play at events billed as
trumpeting events, and all live looping must take
place at events described as such. Truth in
advertising and all that, even if it means only
trumpeters, loopers and their respective spouses will
attend...

B) Promoters are hereby banned from promoting
exclusive events such as 'trumpeting' or 'looping'
festivals, and all musicians who wish to play an
instrument in public must do so in the company of
others who play an extremely similar style of music so
that the audience will not be forced to experience
something new or unfamiliar. All such musical events
must be clearly labeled by category so people know
what they're in for.

C) Musicians are free to perform in various contexts,
situations and combinations, juxtaposed as they wish.
Promoters may choose to group artists by instrument,
musical genre, astrological sign, eye color or shoe
size, or may choose not to group them at all.
Audiences may choose to attend (or not) based on
whatever criterion happens to appeal to them.

I'm voting for the third one.

-t-

np: Four unsynched loops consisting of notes that I
played on a stratocaster about twenty minutes ago
which are repeating and de-evolving on a three channel
system with various types and degrees of
post-processing on each channel. The music continues
to evolve and change even though I've put the guitar
down and am writing an e-mail. Am I live looping?