"electronic folk"

Kim said:
>Do you mean what would I call the style of music you specifically play?

no, its not what I meant, but its a nice subject, thank you!

>I think Andre once called it something like "electronic folk" and
>that sounded pretty accurate to me. I could also see it fitting in
>the jam band category, like you would fit well on a bill with Kellar
>Williams or Phish.

oh, a new genre, just for me?

yeah, I started with blues and did quite some rock and new age and
listeners often remark similarities with Pink Floyd or classical or
indian music.
Avant garde stuff I only do live because I dont think its fun to
listen to it recorded. Recently I played some shows with Reggae
bands, too.
I also study Anti-Looping music (the one that never repeats
anything), but I rarely play it in public yet. :-)

It seems not even my name serves as a category for what I am doing :-)
Then again, whatever style I play, anybody quickly recognizes my... what?
Its probably because I am not able to play any style right :-(

but yes, if you manage to define "electronic folk" in a way that it
includes all I do and does not exclude anyone else who may want to
use it, I will use it from now on! :-)

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org