Genres + Movements + Live + Looping

Ok perhaps I should put my thoughts down without trying
to reply to individual points.
As I'm the guy who registered "livelooping.com".
It's my responsibility to see that the site is not used
for promotion of specific hardware/artists (and not
used for child-porn etc etc), though it's not my
place to determine the content of the site.

There's this thing called "Live Looping" that some of us do,
Geoff called it a genre, Rick called it a movement.

I'd define it as a type of music which is created from
sounds which are produced at the time (=live), and
then taken and repeated/edited electronically (=looping).

I personally wouldn't think of someone using a lot of
pre-recorded loops as being a "live-looping artist".
I wouldn't think of "hip-hop" as being "live-looping",
because of the strong pre-recorded element and
emphasis on lyrical content, but more
to the point, I don't think hip-hoppers would ever
want to be called live-looping, which makes the question
somewhat academic.
Also not a dj, although if they were using scratching
as a source for loop manipulation then in my definition
they'd qualify.
.....but if anyone at all wants to say that their music is
  "Live Looping" then thats fine with me.

I don't think I have to define "LiveLooping" in terms of
"exactly what you will hear at a livelooping event" and
I'll bring in the following example to indicate why.

A guy does a gig where he plays a CD of a jazz band. It
sounds exactly like jazz. Is he a jazz musician ? No,
he isn't, he's more likely a dj.

LiveLooping isn't like a dance genre, where the content seems
to be pretty narrowly defined. I don't see that just because
certain popular musical styles are defined in this way
that livelooping should be. There are lot's of music-labels
about that don't give you a spectragraphic analysis.

My own looping music tends to combine a wide range
of "musical styles",  it's not ambient usually, and
not minimal, and a fair proportion of the sounds
I generate don't sound like a guitar.

So I'm glad to be associated with Rick, Matthias &co.
and LiveLooping.

If this leaves anyone feeling excluded
(who doesn't want to be) then please say.

andy butler