Re: reply to Kim

--- "Rick Walker/Loop.pooL" <GLOBAL@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I have a challenge for [Kim]:   Instead of
constantly
> nay-saying what we are attempting to accomplish by
>producing Live Looping Festivals, why don't you
> brainstorm and alternate strategy to push Live
> Looping to world of non loopers.

The argumentum ad absurdum (or some might say sarcasm)
in my 'let's vote' post yesterday probably obscured
the point I was trying to make. Namely, it is very
possible that:
1) Kim is correct.
AND
2) So is Rick.

It doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

The way I see it, if one promoter books a looping
musician for, say, a Jazz Festival, another promoter
books that same musician for an art gallery opening
without specifying the category, style and/or genre of
the music in the promo, and Rick Walker books that
same musician for a Looping Festival, that's good
exposure. If Kim is correct in his assertion that the
way an event is described will influence the
demographics of the draw (and I believe he IS
generally accurate in what he's said), then this
musician will potentially be playing to three
different audiences, i.e. to more people than he/she
would be otherwise. That's a good thing, IMO.

-t-