Re: Quick EDP SYNC question.

my only experience (so far) with syncing has been the following:

jomox xbase 09 synced to edp #3 via midi while edp #3 is synced to edps #1
and #2 via beatsync.  1 and 2 are synced via midi and brothersync.  so
effectively, 1 and 2 operate as one unit, which controls the tempo of the
third, which controls the tempo of the drum machine.

my advice: midi out of the mpc into the master edp.  master edp out (midi
and brother) to the slave edp.

if that doesn't work, i'd try every permutation of said scenario.
eventually, everything will work in tandem and it will be a glorious thing.
as far as starting and stopping, i think that would just be a matter (and a
very particular matter) of reading and really understanding the mpc's midi
and clock functions.

hope this helps.

-jim