Re: Improvisation = fast Composition ?

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 09:37  pm, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:

> the multitap delay thing is a "canon"

Whoops. My bad. I've forgotten so much about musical theory. What I am
doing is very much in the 'round' style - but I am shifting within the
delayed loop (Its a stereo ping-pong delay with one bar delay on one
side and 6 beats on the other... I think)... its really opened up a way
of thinking for me.

> (have you tried shifting a couple of the taps down an octave?,
> bet that would sound great with the fiddle)

I have a six and a 7 string violin (more than cello viola and violin
combined) - so I can naturally get those octaves. But what I have been
doing is cutting in the filter to kick in a subbass beat... :)

I think my head is exploding....