Re: Boomerang borrower

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 09:53  AM, Stuart Wyatt wrote:

> I am really getting into the way of thinking that the simpler the
> equipment, the greater the freedom of musical expression you are
> allowed. Its my personal philosophy which works for me, and I'm not
> trying to say that it is the same for everyone. I spent the entire
> last year trying to expand my project with Live and the Repeater and
> had nothing but stress.... My equipment gave me a very digital
> interface for an  analogue style of looping - it just did not work.

I feel almost exactly the same... except I've basically started using
the Repeater in the same way that one might use a Boomerang, or other
simpler Looper.  I've even abandoned using the effects loop of the
Repeater in favor of just putting effects post Repeater while they both
sit in the effects loop of my mixer.  I've got an FCB1010 setup to let
me select tracks 1&2 or 3&4 and step loops up or down by increments.
Both pedals control the volumes of the stereo pairs.  I'd say that 80%
of the time that's all the control I need.  Every once and a while I
fool with the speed or pitch.

One of the things I felt about the EDP was that it was TOO much.
(though nicely scalable) I don't think I'd ever use it the way Andre
does.  I try not to focus on the looper too much.  I loved the
transparency of the JamMan.  So simple to use.  What I really wanted...
and still want, is basically a stereo JamMan with higher quality audio
and no annoying click.  So far, the closest thing that fits the bill in
a price range that makes sense to me is the Repeater.  To each his own
looper, I guess.  Hopefully this weekend will be slow enough so that I
can spend some time with the PSP42 and see what software looping is
like.

Mark