last reply to Kim on the whole LIVE LOOPING thangee

Dear Kim and everyone at Loopers Delight,

I just read your very thorough post and answer to my points, Kim.
Thanks for taking the time to write them.

Your logic, as always, is impeccable.

You make strong logical points for everything you say.

........and, if I read you correctly (and I seem to be in the habit of
reading
you incorrectly, lately), you think that our (and by that I mean most but
not all of the people who have been producing so called Looping events in
the past couple of years) use of the term 'Live Looping' is
counterproductive and in danger of hurting the work that you have
accomlished with Loopers Delight so far.

I'm really sad that you feel that way, but I just don't agree with you.

 It just isn't completely about the intellect and logic for me.  I can't
convince you, logically that what I do is right..........I just have a
strong gut feeling that it is.

I'm just very tired debating you any longer. It only depresses me and life
has been depressing enough lately.

You win.

*********************

I am, consequently, sorry we don't agree, but we just don't.

I'm following my heart with my work.

I'm trying to be creative.  I'm trying to help out the cause of Looping.

 I guess history will be the true judge no matter what you and I think,
intellectually.

So we are just going to have to agree to disagree, I'm afraid.

************************

My honest apologies to all of you whose buttons I have pushed with my
efforts and my posts.   I've never intended to push anyone's buttons.
I've
really intended to be as inclusive as I could.  I've just tried to promote
Looping to the public the best way that I know how to. I've worked hard at
it even if Kim feels that my work is detrimental to the cause of looping
and
loopers.

I will not be offended if you put my name on automatic delete.  Honestly.
certainly don't mean to be intrusive.

*********************

To those of you who aren't offended by what I do,  I hope to play with you
in the future:
to share ideas and techniques and friendship.  I love looping.   I consider
myself a live looper (whether that is a movement, a genre, a style or just
some wierd assed figment of my imagination).   I know that there are a few
of us here by the many e-mails that I've recieved lately off list
encouraging me to push on.  Thanks for those.

Now, why don't we get back to the gear and the music.   That would be cool.
I've got a hell of a lot of work to do to be able to use the EDP
effectively
in a live situati

yours, sincerely,

Rick Walker