Re: Scratch Looper

No, that does sound very cool, and my mind can be changed.  To me it's
like this though, I'm not a turntablest and probably will never be one.
  I've never scratched with a vinyl album.  I think this is akin to
being a piano player vs a keyboardist.  I have lot's of piano playing
pals who won't play anything other than a good weighted controller or a
real piano.  Since I don't play, inputting notes into some midi device
is fine with a cheap controller. (though I miss the feel of my Ensonic
TS-10 which had a nice heavy feel and cool spongy after-touch)

Anyway, I'd be looking for cheap, portable and easy to use.  You forget
as a turntable owner that I'm $400+ dollars away from even having a
turntable that's scratch-worthy... not to mention needing a laptop that
will run Mr. Pinky, Mr. Pinky itself and an audio interface for the
laptop.  I can get a stripped down CDJ-700 for $600 at this point, so
that's a lot less.  I also think about how I'd use it and how much I'd
use it, and even $600 seems like a lot.  I'd love to barrow one for a
while to see if I'd take to it though.

Mark Sottilaro