livelooping.com

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 12:33  pm, John Tidwell wrote:

> --- Stuart Wyatt <loopersdelight@solostring.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Live looping is *NOT* a style of music, it is way to
>> create music...
>
> Kim knows this. We know this. BUT.....
>
> http://www.livelooping.com/
>
> this seems to say something different.

To quote the site:

> Welcome to Live Looping Music!
>  Here we will show to public, press and artists:
>
> -  what this new music is like

It is a relatively new style of music... so this is fine. They are
going to give examples of the diversity of live looping.

> - where the fascination of looping comes from

This seems ok...

> - why its so different to create loops in real time

Creating loops in realtime is what live looping is all about... what is
the problem here?

> - how you can learn it

We/they want to share their tricks and ideas.... again, what is the
problem?

> - where such events took and will take place

Great. A gig list... again - is this bad?

> - which musicians are making success with this music

Rick is one person. Per is another... Mathias and myself.... as well as
many others. All are live loopers who are making a career of sorts
through live looping.

> A group of about 10 skilled musicians, poets and visual artists are
> about to create this new site

10 people have shown an interest in creating the site. That does not
mean that the site will be limited to just those 10 musicians.

> If you think you may be interested, please come back here in a month
> or two
> or go to Loopers-Delight.com , the meeting point of such musicians.

A reference to loopers delight. Live looping wants to live in harmony
with LD. Is there anything bad in this?

> If you are interested in contributing, please mail to:
> info@LiveLooping.com
>
> Geoff Smith's LiveLooping Research Paper
> Sunao Inami's LiveLooping Web Radio

I really cannot see what is wrong with this? Maybe someone can
enlighten me.