Re: New Age Dreck

><< A lot of solo acoustic guitar music gets put in the New Age bin, even
>though a lot of it doesn't
>necessarily fit that style, preventing them from reaching the largest
>market
>possible, in fact pigeon-holing them.  >>
>
>How about a new category? New Age Dreck! I can file my 'Kitaro' cassette
>tapes there! Or maybe New Age Banal? Where's my Deuter tapes?

I assumed that category in '85 and burnt myself soon afterwards...

you know, people like Deuter at least have some perspective of what
New Age was about when it was created and bring some real content
(although I would not buy his records).
The worst stuff you probably dont even know: its from musicians that
only understood that New Age is a bin where they can sell their synth
stuff although they cannot really play. :-(

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org