Styles and looping

One of the things that attracted me the first time i
heard "Lounge Music" before i even knew what it was
called, was first the lo-fi decadent jazzy sleasy
elegant quality of it and second the abbrupt,trimmed,
edited and repetitive sound it had.I could identify
the music right away because it had a style and a
certain sound quality even without knowing what it was
called or what technology they were using to achieve
this.I think this is one of the problems with such a
broad term as looping, a lot of people are using it
nowdays without the public even knowing or caring
about it.There is techno,trip hop, electronica,
ambient, house, drum and bass, hip hop,chill out, etc.
and they are as well using loops(some of them live
some of them not).But i think it is these strong
identities which later develop to a category rather
than looping which i think are more relevant to the
public.
Just my 2 cents
Louie

=== message truncated ===