piezo outfitted gongs) so I can't address signal loss in that case, but there seems
to be a little loss in my setup (I run a sub-mix out of my Mackie into the EDPs and
then feed the outputs into a stereo input on the main bus of the Mackie).

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 10:49 AM, David wrote:

I have 2 EDP's in my rig (at the end of the signal chain, but just before some compression), for a stereo set up and I have no loss of tone or signal.  I have the inputs set to around 9-o'clock and the outputs set all the way up.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tritone3@aol.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 9:17 AM
Subject: Echoplex Level Question

I have a question regarding the use of two Echoplexes in an extensive guitar rig (Mesa Boogie Tri-Axis/Simul 2:90, TC Electronic G-Force, Etc.) . I am running two Echoplexes because my guitar rig is stereo. My question is this:
Has anyone had a problem with guitar signal loss (volume and bottom end) when running through Echoplexes? My volume drops by 30% or more when I run through my Echoplexes. And my bottom end (bass) frequencies are drastically reduced. If I reduce the volume input or output on the Echoplexes my signal gains out. As soon as they're removed from the signal path my levels and tone are fine. I have tried different locations in my signal path and still have the same problems. I've even tried a mixer to no avail. While I like the functionality of the Echoplexes, I do not want to sacrifice so much of my tone in order to use them.
Thanks for any suggestions or help you can offer.