euro?american grovebox - Was Re: FS: Hardware sequencer

> What sequencer "groovebox" type of device would you recommend for doing
> percussion with a non electronica euro/american bent?  I'm talking
>Indian,
> Arabic, and African types of instruments.  I'm OK with my Roland MC-307,
> but it's short on those types of sounds.

The only "groove" type tool  I know of that is designed with those type of
sounds in mind is the Roland Handsonic which is a bit more  live playing
oriented but it can certainly be used as a loop sequencer with user
patterns
and such. It is FILLED with Indian, Arabic, PanAsian percussion samples.

I personally use a MC505. It's obvious bent is synth/techno/electronica
but
IMO it has a healthy sampling of other sounds as well including acoustic
and
world percussion. I don't know if the MC307 shares the same sample set as
the MC505. For that matter I don't know if the MC505 contains all the
sounds
in the Handsonic (I seem to remember someone telling me it did but the
Handsonic was just more upfront about it LOL) Might be worth an email or
all
to Roland.