Re: vocal loop rig/feedback destroyer

> In the rack, I'm also considering something like a
> Behringer Feedback Destroyer; do any of you have any
> experience with this unit, and does anyone know of
> similar units (in a similar price range) by other
> manufacturers?

I have 3 of them, along with a Drive-rack in my mobile rig at work. I use
them unbridged, so I have six separate feedback reduction channels, along
with the feedback reduction in the driverack.

They work well as long as you don't expect miracles - the vocalist had
better not expect to wander around the stage in front of the speakers,
mumbling, with the mic plugged into a fuzz pedal.

Keep in mind it can take several seconds for the eq's to 'catch'. You can
also set fixed eqs, if you know you have specific problems with a mic and
room.. I usually leave all mine on 'auto' though, since I'm micing people
wandering around the stage, mumbling, wearing lavalier mics. At least they
don't have fuzz pedals...

I haven't used any feedback eliminators that worked that much better than
the feedback destroyer, especially for the price.

bIz

http://www.groovetronica.com - "Well, it hasn't made it into our playlist,
I'm afraid. It's summer so there are no djs here to listen to and play
music, so we're just playing automated music right now."