Re: the function of some music

At 7:12 PM +0100 6/6/03, Matthias Grob wrote:

>I see a lot of people listen to dancing music without dancing, so
>its missused as ambient, no?

It seems to me that ambient music is intended to merge into the local
soundscape and not to be actively listened to. Therefore if one
listens attentively to ambient music, the music is being misused.

>As long we do not know the definition of "genre", how can we know
>whether Live Looping is one?

I haven't been paying attention to this debate, but I'll make one
comment: Style is a subset of genre.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com