Re: the function of some music

One of the most troublesome things for me is when I perform ambient
music.  The fact that it's a performance makes people think they have
to actively listen or they're being impolite.  However, it's not what I
intended for the music.  The other side of that coin, is what I'm doing
is performing to be semi ignored, which feels weird.  I often leave a
gig thinking, "Why did I drag all this stuff out?  I'd have been better
off with a small CD based DJ setup and recordings of my music."  This
was the main reason behind my move to a mini-rig with a 5 min setup
time.

Mark Sottilaro