MOTU's POLAR module

Hey gang,

As I've said before, I wanted to spend some time looping with Mark of
the Unicorn's POLAR module (part of Digital Performer 3 and 4) and this
morning I did for a bit.

While it does an amazing job of doing real time seamless looping, it
has some major issues: No control of feedback or decay rate.  You can
make every pass it's own track for later use.  You can do all sorts of
fun routing to plug in effects.  Your loop length is only governed by
how much RAM you have, so you can have amazingly long loops.  Maybe the
longest of any digital looping device.

But with no feedback control or decay function, it becomes mostly
useless to me.  Oh well.  I sent a similar letter to MOTU, but I doubt
it will change anything.

Mark Sottilaro