(other used synth/keyboard?) (was Re: Oxygen8 keyboard aftertouch?)

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 09:15 AM, Richard Zvonar wrote:

> For a compact controller I'd go for the Novation ReMOTE 25. It has
> aftertouch and "semi-weighted" keys.
>
> http://www.novationmusic.com/nov_route/docs/prods/remote25/
> remote25_over.htm
> --

That looks like a really sweet MIDI controller, but it's $399 price got
me to thinking.  I sold my Ensonic TS-10 for that used.  See where I'm
going here?  The reason I sold it was space related (and man was that
thing fucking heavy!), but I'm wondering if there's a good old used
keyboard out there that's 49 keys with a good feel and aftertouch that
would give me a few extra sounds as well as being a MIDI controller.  A
sampler would be good, as I don't have one, but that's not too
important.  Good feeling keyboard that's 2-4 octaves would be sweet.
Any suggestions?

After playing my Roland PC-100 all day yesterday I realized how much I
dug playing with a keyboard controller.  It totally felt natural even
though I'm not really a keyboard player.  I was able to execute a lot
with not too much practice.  I'd been using my Roland spd-6 as kind of
a poor mans Handsonic and for me it feels more awkward, but of course I
know it's a matter of more practice.  I may just get rid of both of
them to fund a new keyboard controller.  Suggestions?

Mark Sottilaro