Re: Frippertronics and soundscapes

Hi Andre,

I agree that many people today are using more
complicated techniques and equipment to create their
loops than Fripp. It doesn't necessarily mean that the
music that create is any more evolved. (Though it may
be).

Electronic dance music has embraced looping and use
sampling and looping (totally in many cases) to create
most of the music.

I don't think anyone on this list or anywhere would be
looping at all if it weren't for Fripp and Eno's
direct or indirect influence. Especially guitarists.

I am sure that going from Frippertronics to
Soundscapes was an evolution to Fripp himself, whether
the techniques he used were similar or not.

On a diferent subject; Fripp hated the fact that they
were selling the Electro-Harmonix 16 sec digital delay
as a "Fripp In The Box". He told me he was going to
sue them. (this was a long time ago)

I remember him showing me his new rack that Tony
Arnold had put together for him. I am almost certain
that he had two echoplexes at that time to do his
loops. I think I remember him saying he was going to
replace them with TC 2290's. I don't remember what his
reason was.

All the very best!
Terry