Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

     I have been an admirerer of Robert Fripp's loop work ever since No
Pussyfooting.  A recent
poster here mentioned the "spiritual" aspects of some of the more recent
soundscapes.  Since I
have done a lot of work in my life with hospice and AIDS and people dying
in my arms, not to
mention working with the recently deceased a la "American Book of the
Dead", I first listened to
"The Gates of Paradise" with fascination.  I found that Robert accurately
portrays the death
experience through his music in a way that resonated with my own
experience of engaging with
others in the process, before, during, and after.  It is an amazing thing
to feel this
communication of such a difficult subject, coming through music from a
person whom I know to be
compassionate, intellegent, and one of the most caring people I have ever
met.

     And while I enjoyed the latest King Crimson tour, it would hardly
cause me to bat an eye if
they all said they were packing it all up tommorrow.

     Stephen