Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

  Terry said, "I know much more about this than I am willing to
comment on here."

  -Interesting, my perception of your attitude behind this says otherwise.
<smile>
  so bitter for a crafty, eh?   -just my thoughts, of course, and I may be
completely off-base...    <smile>  it certainly wouldn't be the first
time...     lol!
  Anyway, RE: the idea that practically none of this loopin' stuff would be
happenin' if it weren't for Robert and Brian Eno...   Personally, I was
turned on to the idea of singing and playing into a delay  and layering
tones before I ever heard either RF or Eno.  When I finally did hear
Robert, it was him solo'ing on Eno's material.   -and not Robert's looping
pieces.   Then, when I heard Frippertronics, I actually didn't know what
sort of technology he was using to achieve that type of texture, so I
didn't relate it to a delay at all.
  So, -just my thoughts.   -<smile>   -Hope yer' all havin' a wonderful
evening!

Smiles,

Cara

At 05:21 PM 6/15/03 -0700, you wrote:
>--- David Beardsley <db@biink.com> wrote:
>
>> His response?
>
>His face and whole head turned so red it looked like
>it was going to explode. He said nothing.
>
>> Have you talked to him since?
>
>Briefly
>
>> > I believe the LOGC was just a social experiment to
>> > him to test his Gurdjieff teachings out. Without
>> > the participants knowing it.
>
>> Plus, a way to get them to play his music without
>> the students attempting to insert their artistic
>> vision and dilute his?
>
>No. They were just unknowing guinea pigs in his
>personal Gurdjieff experiments. Very dangerous.
>
>I know much more about this than I am willing to
>comment on here.
>
>Terry

>http://sbc.yahoo.com

---

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.