Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 02:07  PM, mark wrote:
> the first US show (Thrak) they had done in 5 years or something and he
> was invisible.  Hidden in darkness.  Now, I payed a decent amount of
> money to *see* King Crimson.  I

i think the reason he's in the dark is twofold:

A) stage lights make even the nicest LED/florescent displays hard to
read
B) it makes him stick out like a sore thumb

i believe it's intentional on both counts.

if i was to go and play shows with Nathan (the guitarist i work with)
that involved stage lighting, it would all be on him. i need to be able
to read the displays on my computer, my keyboards, and my rack gear.
stage lights would probably get in the way.

oh, yeah .. it would make me look like a dark gothick badass too. kind
of like the time i lit my whole band from behind with floodlights. the
audience hated it at first, but they stuck around. of course, we got
_very_ hot at that gig.

so mark, does the MIDI input/thru work on your MPX-1? i just got one
and the input doesn't. i'm thinking about returning (it's used with a
good warranty) it for credit against an Eventide .... i was pretty
disappointed with the pitch shifting, but i loved the vortexey stuff.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com