Re: Live Looping Techniques

stanitarium@earthlink.net wrote:

> (i remember a show i got on vid-'new visions' on vh1 way back when-torn
> playin-loopin w/ isham duo and they started their set w/ somethin torn
>had
> alreadee loaded into his pcm42-and i thought-wot a letdown-the music was
> good and all and i guess their segment was limited by tv time etc...)

Confession time: there have been occasions where I'll come up with a
really good
loop during the soundcheck and save it for the performance.

It's new in the sense that it wasn't composed at home and stored in memory.
It's old in the sense that the audience was not present when the loop was
created.

Anyone care to draw the line? (-8

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept