SV: [repeater-users] Buggy reaction to midi - Repeater or FCB1010 bug?

> Från: Dave Hastings [mailto:dhastings@earthlink.net]
> >
> > I found that many of the FCB buttons, when programmed to
> send a midi
> > not, is also sending out a CC msg. The extraneous CC, and
> its value,
> > seems to differ according to which button used and also to
> which midi
> > note is being sent. This can explain some of the troubles ppl have
> > reported with the FCB.
> >

> Mine came with a red sheet of paper titled "MIDI Foot
> Controller FCB1010 -- Important Information", which said to
> reset all of the MIDI channel settings in the global setup.
> I looked at it and set it aside, because I couldn't imagine
> that they'd ship a product that wouldn't work without
> reprogramming first.  As it turns out, they're right.  Mine
> transmitted badly formed sysex messages for the pedals 'till
> I reset all of the MIDI channels.

Good post, Dave! Thanks. Mine did not come with such red paper, so I
didn't know this. ASAP I'll back up my programmings to midi and do the
resetting in the global menu. Maybe that is why mine is sending
extreaneous commands?

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se