RE: [repeater-users] Buggy reaction to midi - Repeater or FCB1010 bug?

--- Dave Hastings <dhastings@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > I found that many of the FCB buttons, when programmed to send a midi
> > not, is also sending out a CC msg. The extraneous CC, and its value,
> > seems to differ according to which button used and also to which midi
> > note is being sent. This can explain some of the troubles ppl have
> > reported with the FCB.
> >

> Mine came with a red sheet of paper titled "MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010
>--
> Important Information", which said to reset all of the MIDI channel
>settings
> in the global setup.  I looked at it and set it aside, because I couldn't
> imagine that they'd ship a product that wouldn't work without
>reprogramming
> first.  As it turns out, they're right.  Mine transmitted badly formed
>sysex
> messages for the pedals 'till I reset all of the MIDI channels.

Bugs and bad programming aside, the FCB comes pre-programmed to use with
Behringer's midi controlled amps and the V-AMP. To program it to use with
some
other device, you HAVE to go CLEAR OUT whatever they've programmed for the
default in the preset.

Simply programming one "slot" in the preset does NOT clear the other
slots. So if
you set the Note value, it doesn't reset the CC/PC messages also sent in
that
preset unless you go into each one and remove the values!

I suspect that was the original problem. You need to explicitly program
all the
slots that were in the default programming. An option to completely zero
the
machine would be nice (as opposed to restoring the factory defaults), but
I don't
remember seeing that in the manual. Might be there, it's been awhile...

Greg