Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg House" <ghunicycle@yahoo.com>

> --- Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com> wrote:
>
> > At the Lanois concert in San Francisco, incidentally, Brian Blade was
more
> > or less in darkness most of the time.
>
> Personally, I'd prefer to perform without people staring at me, but it
doesn't
> seem likely that anyone's going to pay for that. If they just wanted to
hear
> music, they could listen to a CD at home.

Generally, I don't like to look at them while I'm playing. When
I finally get around to it, they're rarely looking at me. The audience
has their eyes closed, they're looking at an undefined point
in space, drooling....sleeping.

It's OK by me. They like it that way.

* David Beardsley
* microtonal guitar