Stereo EDP issue

I've been playing with two EDPs in stereo again. I used to use a stereo
pair quite a while ago, but was unhappy with the stereo image shifting.
Now that I've upgraded the pair to Loop IV I thought I'd give them another
shot as a stereo device.

Once again I was very unhappy with the stereo image and long-term
synchronization. Sometimes they would record somewhat different lengths of
loops so that they would drift apart quite quickly. I was heading back to
the conclusion that they didn't really work for me as a stereo pair, other
reports to the contrary.

Then, I found my problem. Everything works pretty well _IF_ you don't use
a Threshold value. When a recording Threshold is used each EDP starts
recording when its Threshold is crossed individually. Even if the
Threshold is set the same on both units, the stereo input signal can be
different on each channel, causing different start times. The more
uncorrelated the two channels are the worse thing are.

While I miss using Threshold recording, I'm really happy that stereo works.

Chris

--
 http://www.xfade.com/ | theory and practice. In practice, there is.
     cbm@well.com      |               - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut