Amy X Neuburg pipes (was: Live Looping Techniques)

Here's a message Amy asked me to post.
- Herb

----------

Hi folks -- Amy X Neuburg here... Herb forwarded me this discourse
about whether or not my stuff is live, and I felt compelled to pipe
in. Yeah, it's live -- the only tune in which I use a sequence is the
Finnish song, which begins with a bass "motif" stored in the DrumKat.
My synth sounds, drum sounds and short samples are all triggered by
hitting the drums, and the looping happens right before your very
eyes (also by hitting the drums). I can see how someone might think
there is pre-recorded material -- my pieces are highly structured and
meticulously choreographed, and I do them the same way every time --
but that "danger" element of live looping is actually enormous; if I
hit one wrong pad the whole song can come crashing down, and I can't
fudge over it with improv. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

BTW I have another show in New York this Friday June 20, so come see
for yourself! http://www.location1.org. Love and xx - a

> > Ahoy--
> > Amy was using the EDP and some of it was live, but she also uses
> sequences
> > and samples that she triggers from drum triggers.
> > I don't know exactly what she's doing but it IS quite a show and there
> IS a
> > battleplan--it's not the seat of the pants approach that Stanner
> > favors--both things are good, and both artists delivered in Santa
Cruz.