Looping in Sheffield UK

Are there any subscribers who live in or near to Sheffield (UK)? I've
been reading about a looping festival in Cambridge and would like to
(co-)organise one in Sheffield.

As you all know, getting gigs as a looping artist isn't the easiest thing
in
the world. We do have an improvised music society here in Sheffield,
but despite numerous requests, they don't seem to wish to contact me -
I suspect that I'm just not weird *enough* - ah, the irony....

This is my first post to the list, so perhaps a brief CV - I've got some
music at mp3.com/nickrobinson if anyone has the time. I use a jamman,
zoom2100 and modified powertran DDL along with a strat & various
treatments to perform solo pieces. I use Acid pro to "construct" some
pieces on PC, incorporating sections of live sound with more crafted
elements.

Inspiration? Belew, Torn, Frisell, Nelson (I even turned down a chance
to support him on a solo tour in the 80s due to lack of confidence -
arghhh), Eels, Talk Talk, Reich, Brook - the usual suspects, I'd imagine.

Anyway, feel free to get in touch - my website is at:

www.12testing.co.uk/~nickr/peas/music/

Although it's a tad dated and currently being revamped.

All the best,

Nick Robinson