OT: gtr for cd(r) project...'unPLAYable'

jim (et al) again thanks for the kind words....
to answer your ?'s:
So you really did build your own guitar?-YES
based on a Klein?-YES
worth the effort-YES
happy with it-YES

my own "klein-like"-is based on a klein, i did some mods to the body-i
think
it's a hair smaller, and i used the web photo from klein's site
to scale up a plan. and then it got "abridged" due to the wood
i bought (bought a piece about 2" shorter than i wanted).
i started designing in march '01, started building in dec 01.
finished 17 months later. hardest part-the neck. solid rosewood
(bocote) is not easy to shape (took me 3 mo's). and i used hand tools
(files) i have very minimal amt of tools (& skill). other hard
parts-frets, AND
FRET FINISHING.
a good site is jason f's photos on his project:
http://www.unm.edu/~cornflak/klein.htm/

that was a lot of help for me (& the eccentricluthier yahoo group).
mine doesn't have the "finished"
look of his. but it is functional & works. 2 local gtr techs told
me it was unplayable, hence the title. if i could make a rec if
you're going to build one, would be to use a MOSES neck like
jason did. although i love the sound and feel of the solid rosewood neck.
i was worried about how it would hold up w/ out a truss rod, so i left
it a little thick, but it fits my hand perfectly.
s--