Re: Akai Heardush , a little frustrated, please help..

Practicing with the drum machine is a great exercise, but when you're
on the gig and your time keeper is now a drummer with an elastic
pocket, things can get sticky.  Even if your playing follows the
eccentricities of the acting time-keeper (the drummer in this case) for
the duration of the loop recording, this may not match up to what the
drummer does twenty bars down the road.  A bit of a rush in bar 3
doesn't always translate to every third bar rushing, and if the drummer
starts trying to chase the loop, and you're trying to split the
difference between the loop and the drummer...

I'm curious--are you doing this with non-ambient loops in a live
context, and if so, how improvised is the material?

TravisH

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 10:04 PM,  "max valentino"
<ekstasis1@hotmail.com>