From: "Paul Marshall" <paul@powerhaus.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: FS EDPs in the UK...

Hi Steve,

I'm Paul Marshall from the Loopers list.  I'm near Belfast in N Ireland

I missed your post regarding the EDPs for sale and stupidly announced my
ignorance to the whole world by saying "hey look what I have found on ebay"
It must have just gone up for sale there.

I didn't have the chance to see/hear/experience the EDP until Rick played
in
Belfast, I didn't hear it until I heard his set after mine.  It wasn't just
my DL-4 which was green :)

I am in the market for an EDP but I have no idea of what the current
aftermarket value is.  From what I can find on the 'net they seemed to have
sold new for £550 or so, I think the pedal was on top of that.  I could be
wrong.  It's terribly cheeky of me but maybe you could give me an idea of
what it would be expected sell for in the second-hand market or what you
had
in mind when you posted to the list. Is the £300 a realistic price, 50%
seems about right for second-hand

In any case I am interested in looking at purchase of the EDP, I know that
this is loop III software, I assume that it can't just be readily updated
loop IV. Is it ram expandable, do you have any?

I've heard a little bit of your music (and seen the videos) and have
enjoyed
it tremendously, I hope that we meet up one day, maybe play a little (I'm a
multi-percussionist).  It would be nice to have a loopUK (LUK) forum where
we could share info on a local level, I'm considering starting loop.ie for
ireland, not as competition to LD but as a satellite for localised
discussion rather than hearing of all the great looping events in the US
that I can't get to :(

Anyway Steve, thanks for your time in reading this and in responding at
some
point.

Regards

Paul
Paul Marshall
Portfolio Sound Artist
http://www.powerhaus.net
http://www.drumdojo.com
http://www.differentdrums.co.uk
NI Facilitator for the Da Capo Foundation
www.dacapo.co.uk
Drumdojo Recommended link For June 2003
Percussion of Persia http://tinyurl.com/ddbg