Re: Frisell -> essential loop recordings

At 04:51 PM 6/25/2003, you wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:57:04 -0700, Kim Flint
><kflint@loopers-delight.com>
>wrote:
>>Bill Frisell is another name mentioned very often as an influence by
>>loopers. It seems like he should be in the essential list for that
>>reason. What are some other significant looping albums of his?
>
>I think what sets Frisell apart is how integrates his looping into his
>"normal" playing, so it'd probably be better to use an album where he is
>playing with other musicians.  Maybe one of the trio albums with Joey
>Baron and bass-player-whose-name-i-forget?  I think those are all late
>80's though.  I'm not even sure if he was even using loops back then, but
>he was definitely using them in the first Naked City album.

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with much of Frisell's work. It's been
on my to-listen list for ages but somehow hasn't ever made it to the top.
In fact, interestingly, the only album I own with him on it is John Zorn's
"Naked City"! I haven't listened to that in years, so I just put it on. Do
you remember particular tracks where his use of loops stood out? (I know,
could just keep listening, but I'm lazy.)

Any other Frisell albums that stand out, where his use of looping made an
impact?

kim