Re: essential loop recordings/loop history

First encounter with loopage of any kind - Brian May's Brighton Rock solo,
and the guitarist in my first band who did a similar thing.

First encounter with non delay pedal loopage - reading interviews with
Michael Manring talking about the JamMan.

First attempts at looping - getting a JamMan to review for Bassist
magazine.
Was then hooked. For Life.

Players who've had a significant effect on the way I use looping -

Michael Manring - seeing him play at NAMM 1999 was pretty amazing.
Bill Frisell - seemless looping in the finest of music.
Andre LaFosse - he's why I got an EDP, and is just a fantastic and exciting
musician, one of of the few genuine innovators I've ever come across.
David Torn - that live thing from KVMR is fantastic.
Eberhard Weber - the first person I ever saw using an EDP. I'm sure I'd
have
been more blown away by his looping if I wasn't so disgusted by his
intonation... ;o)
David Friesen - some really really cool stuff with a very simple DOD delay
pedal.

Other loopers I really dig -

Matthias Grob (his new album is stellar)
Bill Walker (looping schlooping, he's just a fantastic musician)
Theo Travis (my next album will be a duo record with Theo)
Dave Pomeroy (bass and voice - does great songs)
Howie Day (could be the first one to go super-nova with this stuff)
Phil Keaggy (Acoustic Sketches is fantastic - how does he get so much out
of
an unmodded JamMan????)
Ted Killian (dunno how much of it is looped, but Ted's CD Flux Aeterna is
very good indeed)

cheers

Steve
www.stevelawson.net