Echo Pro footcontroller options

I'm setting up a looping rig for a vocalist which will
include a Line6 Echo Pro.

Line6 recently gave their website a facelift, so not
all of the pages are available (including the 'Studio
Modelers Deep Dive' info page); I've attempted to
navigate the manual but it's pretty slow going in
Acrobat, and I won't have the hardcopy until the unit
arrives from eBayland.

What I'd really like to know is: with the Echo Pro, is
there any provision for using a very basic
footcontroller without having to configure a large,
bulky MIDI controller? The vocalist I'm setting this
up for is used to the DL4's interface, but is not at
all keen on the idea of programming anything; she'd
really like to have a very simple interface with a
small footprint to access DL4-like functions. (It's
not that she's a Luddite or anything, but...)

Any ideas?

-t-